Monday, 24 February 2014

Lofoten Islands

Let's get back to Norway:

Although my time was tight, I didn't want to miss the Lofoten Islands at least as a passage route to Andenes, where I wanted to do some whale watching. It's been more than twenty years that I visited the Lofoten, but I still had beautiful memories of these islands and their intense colors.

When I woke up in the morning the sun was shining, so, I decided to go south first, to Ă…, the southernmost village one can reach on road here. From there I went northwards again, over countless bridges, through tunnels and over small and larger streets until I reached the northern end of the Lofoten Islands. In the afternoon I took a ferry to the VesterĂ¥len Islands, rode again northwards for another 150 km and finally reached Andenes and the campground in Bleik.




No comments:

Post a Comment