Saturday, 25 January 2014

My First Night in Norway


Having reached Gothenburg, I immediately headed North.

It was much cooler in Sweden than it had been in the summer heat of Germany, and it should get far colder the more northward I got. After a little while I got used to the slightly different traffic conditions in Scandinavia. Although the differences are not huge, there are still some points which are slightly different - some signs, road markings or positions of traffic lights, for example.

I took the motorway from Gothenburg, because I wanted to move forward, get north and get to Norway. So, it didn't take long til I reached the border. I was kind of surprised that there were border controls here, because we are not used to this any more in the EU, but of course, entering Norway I was about to leave the EU. However, it didn't really take long as I was allowed to pass through without being stopped.

Norway - and also Sweden, as far as I 've noticed it - are very motorcycle friendly countries in terms of their tolling system. Most of the time for motorcyclists passing toll stations means just driving through as the signs usually state "Motorcycles: 0 Kr"! Now that's cool, isn't it?

Reaching Oslo I got stuck in a traffic jam. Rush hour. Anyway, it didn't take long and I was on my way north again. In the evening, with the help of the ADAC Camping guidebook, I found a beautiful waterfront campsite, where I set up my tent and spent my first night in Norway:



No comments:

Post a Comment